Sunday, March 8, 2009

Angela Carbone































Angela Carbone
MFA Ceramics

Come Undone
Promises

Come Undone and Promises reveal everyday objects in a visual narrative still life. I reference intimacy, memory, relationships, and female sexuality through the objects I choose to recreate and the handling of the material. The nostalgic nature of the imagery is deeply personal and derives from my experiences and the lives of those close to me.

Artist Statement

My current work is a collection of intimate objects which are grouped together to reveal a visual narrative. The objects are similar to storybook characters, each carrying an individual record. They represent personal relationships and experiences from past and present events. My fascination lies not only within the individual objects but also in their contextual arrangements. The meticulous compilations convey the essence of memories, relationships, and experiences, documenting important events in my life and the lives of those close to me. The work captures a narrative interaction that lies between the individual objects. Their juxtaposition can build layers of meaning often comprised of mystery and humor. This current body of work is meant to evoke a story in the mind of the viewer. The story is presented and enhanced as a result of the joining, clustering, and collision of objects throughout these sculptural narratives. These compositions have become a permanent memoir of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment