Sunday, March 8, 2009

Shelley Lineberger









Shelley Sloan Lineberger
MFA Ceramics


Public Liaison
Bitter Turf
Deflorate

In ceramics, I strive for honesty, honesty about my life and honesty about my thoughts. The works I create are physical manifestations of what I am thinking, my personal life, my experiences and my theoretical interests. Ceramics for me is a way of discovering my true nature. My sculptures serve as a framework for an interior experience. Currently my body of work is a personal narrative about dealing with grief, loss, innocence, fragility, vulnerability, protection, hope and freedom, expressed through the image of the apron, which also plays a part in my own history. My work has centered on a parallel between a personal narrative and a need to expose my understanding of female vulnerability.

No comments:

Post a Comment